Monday, September 11, 2006
..:: FlameRobin ::..:: Firebird ::..:: Debian ::..:: Ubuntu ::..:: Linux ::..
Friday, September 08, 2006
Tamas TEVESZ has decided to try to make Flamerobin work on Solaris:
"there isn't much else to say about it, apart from "don't get too
excited". it literally needs an iron lung, and even then it crashes
on every second click.
getting that far wasn't particularly hard, though. you need to compile
a wx (for the blastwave package does not include wx-contrib, but i'll
get in touch with the maintainer once i get back from my optometrist
in the afternoon), and you need to install a firebird package which
can be gotten from ibphoenix.com; except that don't install it for it
stinks, its ugly, and it won't work properly anyway. it was enough to
get fbclient.so, though.
well, after all that said, it's still in a much better shape than i
hoped. to be continued, but hold your breath do not."
..:: FlameRobin ::..:: Firebird ::..
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Source and binary packages for Windows (setup.exe and .zip) and Linux (gtk1 and gtk2 variants) are available for download. MacOSX and Debian/Ubuntu ones should follow soon (and probably FreeBSD one too). We are also looking for someone to try if things work on Solaris too.
- System tables now are available in main tree view
- Compatibility with Firebird 2.0
- SQL editor: Autocompletion of column/parameter names and old/new aliases in triggers
Enhancements and Bug fixes
- SQL Editor: Use row:col instead of col:row in statusbar
- SQL Editor: Autocompletion now works for case
- sensitive object names
- SQL Editor: Autocompletion now works for names containing $ character
- Data grid: "Fetch all records" and "Cancel fetching all records" commands
- Data grid: "Copy records as Update" command
- SQL script execution now always stops on error
- Confirm dropping of items from main tree
- Fixed bugs related to character set conversions
- Fixed DDL extraction for various object types
Download at : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=124340
For known issues please see our bug tracker at: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=124340&atid=699234